Thursday, May 29, 2008

My little monkeys at the zoo

Here's some pictures of our trip to the zoo with friends...

This gorilla was a little freaky! We went into the building where he was and the kids walked over to the glass. The gorilla had been on a "ledge" a few feet away and immediately came over and banged the window. The kids all freaked out and moved away from the window. Then he sat down for a while and I took some pictures. Not sure why he came over so quickly. Weird!
Here's the kids with the "safe" Gorilla.


I think Red Pandas are so cute!

Megan's face cracks me up on this one!


The cheetahs were trying to get to the kangaroos and emus in the adjacent area.


Matthew saw this and said, "Penguin school!"
(from the penguin episode of "Go, Diego Go!")

We saw a couple of peacocks, but this one had its feathers out. So pretty!

6 comments:

WoozleMom said...

Looks like the zoo trip was a definite success!

...I'd probably have been freaked out by the gorilla too ;)

The Dixon Family said...

Where the heck are the red pandas? We've been probably 100 times and have never seen them. Do tell.

jksfam said...

If I remember right, they were somewhere over by the zebras in the hoofed animals area (I know, definitely not a hoofed animal!) It was up on the back ledge area of the cage. We should go sometime (we got a membership) and I'll (try to) show you.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Ahhh always exciting at the zoo! See some animals, eat some popcorn and wet your pants when some huge monkey scares the heck out of ya!

Good times!

Meredith Haag said...

Look's like you guys had a blast! Next time take me with you!

Devony said...

aw, the red pandas were not out when we were there last week! We saw their cage, but not them. But that's what the cheetahs were doing when we saw them too! I guess they're really hungry...