Friday, May 2, 2008

Does it run in the family?

Last night was the program at school for 1st and 2nd graders. It was a circus theme with clowns, monkeys, tigers, elephants, etc. Wesley's class was elephants and performed with hula hoops. After the class all did it together, Wesley went over and did 3 at the same time.


Melinda Dransfield was sitting behind me and asked, "Do you practice that at Family Home Evening?" Last year, I hula hooped for the Primary talent show. Wesley learned to hula hoop after we went to a party that there were some hoops at and he tried all night to learn how. I bought some and it was fun to watch him learn. When I was little, I would hula hoop on the driveway while reading. I used to be able to make the hoop go up to my neck, down to my knees and then back to my hips. My body is a different shape now and it's definitely not something I've kept up with. Maybe it should be my new workout?!?

5 comments:

laree ulynn said...

What?!? He is SO big now! That's crazy, I think the last (and only) time I've seen Wesley was at my sister's wedding reception like 7 years ago. Crazy! How are all of you doing? (This is Laree LaPierre by the way.)

Devony said...

How funny! I tried skipping rope as part of a workout program a bit ago and was amazed how tough it was! It's funny to see how the things we did for kicks as kids are really tough workouts now!

4HessGirls said...

Great Job Wesley on the hula hoop. That is great! Thanks for the comment Kristy on my blog. Talk to you soon, Dawn

The Dixon Family said...

At least he'll always have a future in the circus. I'm sure that's comforting for you . . .

HA!

Cameron and Kelly said...

Looks like Wesley is great at it. Can't wait to see it live on Saturday.